Chocolate Peppermint Bark
source: all Recipes
2 (12 ounce) packages milk chocolate chips
2 (12 ounce) packages white chocolate chips
2 teaspoons peppermint extract (I used 1 tsp.)
8 peppermint candy canes, crushed, divided
- Line a 12x18 inch jelly roll pan with aluminum foil.
- Melt the milk chocolate in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, for 1 to 5 minutes (depending on your microwave). Do not overheat or chocolate will scorch. Stir in the peppermint extract. Spread the chocolate evenly in the prepared pan; chill until set, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, for 1 to 5 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup of the crushed candy canes. Spread the white chocolate mixture evenly over the milk chocolate. Sprinkle the remaining candy cane pieces evenly over the white chocolate layer. Chill until set, about 1 hour. Break into small pieces to serve.
What I used
- Wilton Dark Chocolate Wafers mixed with chocolate chips because that is what I had on hand.
- Substituted Almond Bark for the white chocolate chips
- My pan size was 15 1/2 x 10 1/2". I think next time I will try a larger pan that makes thinner bark that would make breaking easier.
- Do not attempt to break the bark into pieces right from the refrigerator as I found that the dark and light layers separated. When allowed to come to room temperature before breaking, I did not a this problem.
Mint Chocolate & Cheesecake Parfait
recipe from My Baking Addiction
YIELD: 8-10 servings (I filled 12 mini dessert dishes)
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 (8 ounce) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
12 Andes Creme de Menthe Cookies, finely chopped OR Mint Oreo Cookies)
1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy. Add the extracts and mix until well combined. Fold in the whipped topping and then the mint chocolate cookies.
2. Spoon the filling into a pastry bag or large zip top bag. Snip enough of the end off the bag to allow you pipe the mixture into your desired serving glasses. Alternated layers of cookies and cream cheese mixture with chopped cookies.
3. Garnish with additional whipped topping and chopped cookies.