Friday, August 12, 2011

'Twas a Most Happy Birthday

Perfect in every way
 Me and my mom
 me and my girlfriend since childood
 me and my sister
 of course we can't be together for two minutes without breaking into giggles
 playtime
 Delicious dinner made by Jill
 eating on the patio
family including my sweet niece, Eva.
birthday cake (actually Banana Blueberry Pie)
Our August is FULL of birthdays...  I am planning a birthday party for our little Keri Jill on the 19th.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August means Fun!

Jill, Brad and kids arrived for their two week stay in New Jersey on Friday evening.
As you can see from all the photos, it has been busy fun at our house.
 at the playground

 
a picnic lunch


Erin and Mom
Caleb, Jamie & Cambrie
Jill & Shae
playing ball
Brad, Noah, Ryan and Jared
 Chillin' together
 playing wii
Brenna watching Jared
 Girl cousins sleepover
Since they awoke at 5:30am we made blueberry pancakes and had tea with sugar cubes on the patio before anyone else was even up!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Chicken and Rooster Party

Shelia is having a party...
A Heart of the Home Rooster and Chicken party.
So I searched my home.
I found lots of feathered friends perched about
but no roosters or chickens
I looked and looked.
None.

Wait.
There.
I see something
 In this picture that belonged to my husbands grandparents... 
(blogged about here)
 
yes... now I have something to bring to the party!
Visit Shelia @Note Songs for lots of chicken and rooster posts!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Understated wreath

I prefer less to more but still wanted something for over our headboard.
I liked the fabric flowers that I have been seeing all over blogland because of their simplicity.
This project cost me zero dollars to make.
I began by making the wreath from the lower branches cut from our Eastern Redbud tree.
I have to trim the tree each year so I can mow under it.
It seemed to take forever to snip off all of the leaves!
I gently bent the branches and wired them into a circle/oval shape.
I watched several videos readily available on the internet for the basic idea for making the flowers.
I started as usual by folding the strip of fabric in half and rolling into a tight coil.
But as I continued, I liked the look of looser petals.
Therefore I had to use a lot of hot glue placed so that the fabric petals were more open.
I used three different fabrics.
 white (from an undershirt)
off-white (from a pillowcase)
patterned print (from a curtain valance)
 This is the first flower I made and is tighter/smaller than the others.
When I finished making the flowers (and ice-ing my finger from the nasty glue gun burn), I arranged them in a pleasing manner on the branch wreath.
A few more (cautious) dabs of glue secured them in place.

UndertheTableandDreaming
The DIY Show Off

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails