I prefer less to more but still wanted something for over our headboard.
I began by making the wreath from the lower branches cut from our Eastern Redbud tree.
I have to trim the tree each year so I can mow under it.
It seemed to take forever to snip off all of the leaves!
I gently bent the branches and wired them into a circle/oval shape.
I watched several videos readily available on the internet for the basic idea for making the flowers.
I started as usual by folding the strip of fabric in half and rolling into a tight coil.
But as I continued, I liked the look of looser petals.
Therefore I had to use a lot of hot glue placed so that the fabric petals were more open.
I used three different fabrics.
white (from an undershirt)
off-white (from a pillowcase)
patterned print (from a curtain valance)
This is the first flower I made and is tighter/smaller than the others.
When I finished making the flowers (and ice-ing my finger from the nasty glue gun burn), I arranged them in a pleasing manner on the branch wreath.
A few more (cautious) dabs of glue secured them in place.