of this pond when Jared was younger.
How to Catch Sunnies
Things You'll Need:
- rod and reel with fishing line
- a small hook
- a float (bobber)
- Step 1Attach a small hook to the end of the fishing line.
- Step 2Attach a float (bobber) 1' to 4' from the hook.
- Step 3Put bait on the hook. Sunnies are not picky eaters. Some typical bait used to catch sunnies is dough, bread, worms, and small bait fish. Personally, I prefer dough because it is easy to find and easy to use.
- Step 4Cast (if need be) the line into the water.
- Step 5Let it sit. When a fish takes the bait and gets hooked, the float will go under water. Then reel it in.
- Step 6A good method for removing the fish from the hook is to grab the hook with a pliers (a needle nose pliers works best) and twist and shake it so that the fish falls off. Sometimes it is necessary to hold the fish and work the hook out.