Here is a recipe that I really like... Easy to prepare, relatively inexpensive (when cheeses are on sale), containing dark leafy-green veggies and not bad on the calorie count (when made with low-fat ingredients).
Pretty enough for company. Comforting for anytime.
After combining filling ingredients, spread on lasagna noodle.
Roll up ~ aren't they cute little bundles?
(recipe from allrecipes.com)
- 10 wide lasagna noodles
- 2 (10 ounce) packages chopped frozen broccoli, thawed and drained (I use 1 pkg. spinach)
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (or homemade)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse.
- In a large bowl combine broccoli, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, green onions, basil and nutmeg.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the broccoli mixture along each noodle. Roll noodles to form spirals. Place in prepared dish. Spoon spaghetti sauce on and around spirals, and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 298 | Total Fat: 10.1g | Cholesterol: 29mg