Friday, August 7, 2009
She shared a recipe with me for a delicious salad dressing. We enjoyed it this evening over a simple salad of romaine greens, sliced yellow squash, red onions, a few raspberries and addicting caramelized almonds. I would have added feta or goat cheese if I had some.
Aren't the colors beautiful?
(I'm going to give this recipe another try using sea scallops instead of bay. I was a little disappointed and thought they tasted way too fishy. My husband, however, loved them.)
1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup cherry preserves
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup canola oil
black pepper to taste
In a small saucepan over medium heat combine balsamic vinegar, sugar and garlic and bring to a simmer, stirring frequently to dissolve the sugar.
Simmer the mixture, uncovered, until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Add the cherry preserves and cook for 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature, then whisk in the red wine vinegar followed by the canola oil. season with salt and pepper.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
She’s a talented beautician,
* Work out the strategy, rules, playing pieces and characters
* Sketch out design for dice and game board
* Design and draw/color paper to be decoupaged onto small wooden cubes to be used as dice.
* Sketch out design for game board
* Measure and cut out wood for board. Spray paint, measure and draw in grid.
* Search graphics and design boarder of game board. Sketch in and add color to boarder.
* Cut (with Pop-Pop's help) a wooden dowel into 20 even pieces. Sand, paint, varnish, write-on and varnish again the playing pieces.
* Type instructions on a WORD document and print out.
* Play the game with Pop-Pop. Adjust the rules so Jared isn't the only winner :)
* Type a playing guide sheet describing characters and equip items.
* Play the game!
~~~Still deciding on a name for this new game~~~
Various components of the game:
Movement crest. Dragon, Hydra, Special Effects Crest, Fire Sword, Ice-shield, Combined, Dragon-Raider, Ninja-Knight, Mythic Beast
Still tweaking the rules but how he enjoyed this project!
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
but a helper noses in, concerned that I am blocking his look-out post