Honey-Oat Casserole Bread
(Taste of Home Recipe)
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, pour boiling water over cereal. Add the butter,
- honey and salt. Let stand until mixture cools to 110°-115°,
- stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the eggs, oat
- mixture and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir
- in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be
- sticky). Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 55
- Punch dough down. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. round baking dish.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing from baking dish to a wire rack to cool. Cut
- into wedges. Yield: 1 loaf (12 wedges).
Today was spent primarily baking, Art Journaling and feeding the fireplace lots and lots of logs. And something I have never done before... Art Journaling. 52Q is a year long journal challenge. 52 Questions posed once a week, to give inspiration for that weeks journal entry. I am not a scrapbooker nor an artist, but I am comfortable on photoshop. So... I am creating a Vintage-type Postcard Journal.
Many thanks to The Graphics Fairy for her beautiful graphics!